Re: OtR forums

Quoting Over-The-Rhine Digest <Owner-Over-The-Rhine@ActWin.com>:

> Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 19:28:25 -0400
> From: Jason Neely <bondibox@bellsouth.net>
> Subject: Re: OtR forums
>
> One suggestion that I'd like to pipe up and add is a Setlist Archive.  I've
> been reluctant to suggest it @ drew's forums because it's something that
> would fall into the realm of what the band should handle, imo.  But either
> way, a threaded setlist forum where attendees could add reviews, imo is a
> real necessity.   Maybe eventually it could evolve into a "deadbase" type
> statistical analyses, like how many times did they play Long Lost Brother as
> an encore?  Is Kentucky the only state they've played HLHYBS?
>
> - -jas

   Actually, in the words of the official site, "we're still chasing this."  I
am hoping to eventually upgrade my history site to be very much like this.  I
am currently helping a friend set up a setlist/review site for one of my other
favorite bands, Caedmon's Call, and he is setting up an SQL database for
handling all of the content and allowing people to input reviews and setlists
directly and make it searchable.

   I'm hoping to ride his coat-tails and import the database to my site to do
similar stuff for Over the Rhine.

   Stay tuned!

   Jeff

--