Re: Mac/Apple

ah the age-old discussion on mac/pc.

I highly recommend the mac. I've used both for work though, mostly due
to the emotional leanings of our IT department have we had to use PC. I
kinda switched our department to mac though.

Nobody mentioned the virus thing - I've never used any virus protection
on my macs. I receive viruses (virii?) a lot (not as much lately) -
they show up in my email - I smile at them, and wave. "Hello little
virus. What can you do here? Nothing. See you later!"

  It's really hard to keep from feeling a bit smug when my fellows get a
virus.

But yes, it's the Ease of use that keeps me on the Mac. Simplicity in
doing very complex things - editing video - sharing an internet
connection - adding printers - running a development environment
(php/mysql)

The video thing is kinda funny - my dad was visiting my wife and i in
Alaska - and he wanted to see some bears - well, they weren't out when
we went to the river so i just filmed him and his wife pretending to
point at bears. Then i went home, captured the video into imovie,
tossed it together with some previous bear footage that i had on tape.
And made a pretty convincing bear video - i did this in about 10
minutes and burned it to a cd on my powerbook. Am I an accomplished
video editor? No, i hadn't touched video editing in at least a year,
but it was so simple. I had no drivers to install for my video camera
or anything.

Why the bear video? Well he had a friend who had video of being charged
by a bull elephant from his trip to Africa, and he felt inclined to
prove his worth.

Take care,

Brian