Re: Uncle Pleasant's

I saw a show in the newly renovated Uncle Pleasant's a couple months ago.  First off, I have to say it's the best sounding room in the city.  Headliner's has a bigger/better soundsystem, but the room is too big.  Gerstle's has a pretty good system too, but it's overdriven and 1/2 of the venue is behind the stage.  Overall Uncle P's is a small venue,  a small barroom entrance, and connected to it is a
double-long shotgun room with the stage at the head of it, a beer bar halfway back and a pool table in the very back.  Maybe about a dozen tables.  I'd say it's a little smaller than Lynagh's in Lexington but it's more open.

That said, I'm really looking forward to this show.  No food at Uncle P's.  Don't know ticket price, but the Dame show was $10.  One thing I'll say about driving, is you CAN'T drive down preston st. from broadway because the train tracks bisect it.  Come from Eastern Pkwy and go up Shelby, left on Barbee or Brandeis, and left again onto Preston.

-jas
get yerself some dine, drink the wine, and I'll see you at ...