Re: Johnny Cash

As someone who cannot stand most country western, I
still shed a tear. I got to see Johnny one time, at a
Billy Grahm crusade. Well, at least he is in a better
place.
But interesting how he died so soon after his wife
died. I remeber that one well. This American Life's
"Lost in America" tour was in PDX, and as an avid fan
of the show, I sold blood for a nosebleed seat.
Torwards the end of the show, Sarah Vowell interupts
Ira and announces the bad news. She tells the story of
thier love affair, and the story behind "Ring of
fire."  Then she had us all stand as the band played
"Ring of Fire." Not a dry eye in the audience.
Here's to Johnny and Joan, we miss you, but at least
you're together.

np: Beth Orton - Spotlight

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Entertainment/ap20030912_310.html

> I can't think of anyone more influential to my love
> of music than this man
> in black.
>
> Today his is wearing a suit of white......
>
> Out here,
> Barry

=====
Century follows century, and things happen only in the present.
-Jorge Luis Borges, "The Garden of forking Paths"