re-releasing (was: pop matters OHIO review)

--- Chad Clement <ccczp5 at umr_edu> wrote:
> Wasn't there some talk of Backporch eventually re-releasing
> TWHF, Patience,
> and Eve back when the band first got on the label?  I seem to
> remember something along those lines...

i've always had that question in the back of my head cause i
remember that too.  so i looked it up.

"Virgin agreed to pick up the story where the band's former
label, IRS Records, left off, and will release Good Dog Bad Dog
nationally on January 26, 2000. Over the Rhine will follow it
later in the year with a collection of new material, much of
which is already recorded. Virgin also agreed to put the the
three IRS Releases, Till We Have Faces, Patience and Eve back
into circulation, and to substantially increase the royalty rate
payable to the band that IRS had initially negotiated."

http://www.overtherhine.com/story/newsarchive/news1999.html#Anchor-December-49575

i'd buy them.

michelle

=====
"Even if I did succeed in giving a little something beautiful back to the world, of what possible use could it be?  Is there room in the world for one more beautiful thing?  Or wait: does all this nonchalant loveliness cry, Glory, glory, glory?  Does the world cry out, Let there be music?  Am I caught up in something?"                -- Linford Detweiler, Unsung