Re: Thinking of the back roads...

In a message dated 9/4/2003 3:10:04 PM Pacific Standard Time, ortrudes at mindspring_com writes:

>….Homer Alaska, a place very much like my hometown. ……..

I’d love to visit Alaska someday.  Homer is the home of Jewel, is it not?  I have read her book and her description of home was very inviting.

Quite a few people in Homer greatly dislike Jewel. I met a few of her old classmates who had very few positive things to say about her. And apparently early in her career she badmouthed Homer quite a bit in interviews. Personally, I loved Homer completely, but I didn't have to grow up there. She's entitled to her opinion, of course, but she could certainly use some hometown damage control.

all gossipy,
Perry

Oh, as a sidenote: I saw Dar Williams and Catie Curtis in concert on seperate occasions in Homer, which proves that sometimes when you can't find the good stuff, the good stuff will come to you.