Re: children's hour

I was at the Moonlite show, and I know what people are talking about. Their
set seemed mechanical, both musically and in their stage presence. A couple
songs near the end of their set were actually pretty cool, and I would have
liked to have heard them with a full band. They definitely don't have a
mainstream sound, but I wouldn't call it eclectic. It seemed to be one
tempo, one style for their whole set. Not a highlight.

At the other end, BPD was my favorite song of the night as well (just have
to add my two cents). Karin played "Ohio," solo on stage as usual. When the
song ended, I expected a set break, really. At least an instrument shuffle.
Instead, Karin bowls right into BPD on the piano. Now obviously if I'd read
the online Lyric notes with greater depth, this might not have been a
surprise, but I didn't hear the CD and say, "Oh, that must be Karin
playing." Then, right, the rest of the band started filing in. With Karin on
his little drum-throne chair, there's no room for Linford, so he
half-crouched at the organ, one foot reaching for the pedal. Ended up kinda
back-to-back with Karin, as she's pouring "Yeah"s into the mic. Who was
taking pictures of that? Copy of that here, please. (BTW Linford, that was
Dusty Volume who yelled "Play on guitar god" or whatever the exact quote was
when you came out and strapped on your acoustic. You should consider dreds
as well, I think. Right, I take it back.)

Nathan