Linford's liner notes / Ohio as a novel

Maybe it's just Linford's letter in the liner note,
but does anyone else get kind of a voyeristic feel to
the new album?

And speaking of Linford's liner notes, I was kind of
distressed that they said they had 21 songs, and not a
signal hit, for they all go together.
I guess I see this album as a novel, each song is
another chapter, where as some albums are more of a
collection of related (or even unrelated) short
stories. For the band to say this, would be like
Herman Mellville saying
(about Moby Dick) "I have 135 chapters (plus an
epilougue) and not a single short story."

And for all of you who might say there is no plot to
"Ohio" and thus it could not be like a novel, just
read some post modern literature. Some novels are
nothing but a voyeristic view of a person's life, no
real plot, Just like "Ohio."

Ok, I'm done overanylizing the album

np: Havalinia Rail Co. - "American Skies"

=====
Century follows century, and things happen only in the present.
-Jorge Luis Borges, "The Garden of forking Paths"