RE: somthing for tuesday

Love the kevin "side of" bacon site. But when I first saw the subject line, I assumed it was the header for our usual tuesday discussion of new releases those 103 or so weeks in a row we do not have a new otr release to talk about. Anyway, as usual, I went to Best Buy today to get the new hits cheap.

I got the new Dashboard Confessional "A Mark A Mission A Brand A Scar A Butt" for a paltry $9.99 and it came with a free bonus dvd. Added value. Whee. Glad I didn't pay more. It is, in my humble estimation, thoroughly mediocre, completely derivative of the "emo" conventions with none of the cathartic insight. Chris "Carrappa" Carrabba, who is one the honest-to-g-d prettiest men in the world, or at least in pop music, probably actually did his former band Further Seems Forever a favor by ducking out. But FSF's new cd doesn't really give me a woody either.

I continue to really dig upon BT's "Emotional Technology" and get more and more excited about Jane's Addiction's "Strays" with each listen. "True Nature" may be my new theme song.

SnailhuntR's "Origin Of The Spiral" releases on my own Bigwig Enterprises on the 19th (yes, same day as OHIO), pre-orders should go live tomorrow (maybe tonight). Freaky good stuff. I've been fortunate to get familiar with this cd since it was finished almost two years ago, and I *still* get excited each time I play it. I'm glad I could rescue it before it was lost forever. It's a challenging disc... not at all the "easy sell" I had with Evanescence. But, Zounds! is it great!

Bradley S. Caviness, Bigwig
Bigwig Enterprises

http://www.bigwigenterprises.com

Do you Yahoo!?