Relocating to Seattle (no OtR)

Title: Relocating to Seattle (no OtR)

Since this list is a great source of info and insight, forgive my indulgence for straying off topic...

I have a job offer emerging in the Seattle area (particularly in Auburn) that is a tremendous career opportunity.  It is one that if offered I cannot decline.  My question to the oracles here are:

What are your experiences with a major job-related relocation?  Is there any advice or lessons learned one may have to pass along?  Has anyone relocated and purchased a house at the same time or did they wait for a while?

For those who live in Seattle area (or have knowledge of the place) what can you tell me about the suburbs particularly south of Renton down to Auburn?  Are there some insights into living there or making the transition to the climate?  What do you think are the best "quality of life" features of the area that make living there worthwhile?  What really sucks about Seattle (and please don't say the rain unless you really mean it)?

I'd be moving from Phoenix (where I've spent most of my life) so I already know this will be a culture shock in many ways.  Feel free to e-mail me off list unless you think this worthy of mass discussion.  Thanks everyone for your time.

Sláinte,
David

NP: OtR - various mp3 selections

David Dean