Letter from Bill Mallonee: New Release!

PERFUMED LETTER-my first official solo record-Impassioned Plea

Well, Jake and i arrived home late last night from a wonderful West (Left)
coast tour...i think we played over two hours every night...a joy....we plan
to continue these "low-to-the-ground" gigs as life permits...
thank you one and all for such encouraging shows...vacationed with Brenda,
saw Fountains of Wayne in Portland, and got to fly in a one engine plane off
Orcas Island (Pugent sound) on the ay to Anchorage...smitten by the beauty
of it all...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK...we get home and what do we find?
copies of the new release, "Perfumed Letter!!!"

It looks great!
Art Kudos and then some to Jason Horst for the great work on the cover!
(yes, lyrics are there too!)

Anyway...pre-orders are now being taken...At www.Pastemusic.com ...So, i'd
like to encourage the willing (and even the cautious) to jump in and order
up...Paste is offering this at a bargain $12.95.

I am overjoyed to be able to offer these new tunes and the re-leased tunes
to a potential greater audience...With Telegraph Company and Paste Records
behind it, i have finally a superstructure that can make an honest dent in
the charts at retail and radio...something that was always elusive at best
for VOL...

What do we ask of you? How can you help?
Well, basically if you buy up-front, we scan early...and if we scan then we
chart...and if we chart, people notice...and if people notice, well...who
knows what sorta blow up there could be???? It is hoped we have a
snowball-effect...a gathering of speed and such.
But it all starts with you, the core fan base, the list and your
friends...These first 3-4 weeks are the critical entry point...So your early
support and word of mouth is needed to help launch this record, and of
course appreciated as we stand up and get our "sea-legs!"

       As most of you know, i have been increasingly disappointed at making
music for what seems like (on somedays) a dimishing group of folks...this
was of course, implicit in the first two "internet only" releases....it was
a necessary biding of time. the first 2 internet releases were records to
sell to a few thousand and then the run was done.
       This time it's all different...REALLY different. This time we have
bigger stakes; a bigger throw because of better resources...and of course
the potential for bigger results...so i'm asking you to come be part of it
if you fell inclined.

That's the mechanics side of the equation: but the bottom line is and will
always be the music...Perfumed Letter feels like affirmation of God and Love
(and Love-making) and Innocence and patient Goodwill that we were hoping to
do after Summershine...Only i think we're doing it better now...better
sounds, more experience, bigger colors to paint with...

Then there are some reviews coming in that are quite great...

you can read some (there are 3, even a luke-warm one!) at:
http://www.tollbooth.org/2003/reviews/billpl.html
So, thus far, we are encouraged that a goodly number of folks are very
favorable about it...we dream...
We are realists too here, folks: it's a long battle to re-establish in the
"real" market place, but we honestly feel that this list's energy and
enthusiasm will carry the day here...a fan driven record is hard for critics
to ignore!
(Audible Sigh was really the last sighting, you know?)

But at the end of the day, it's the music on Perfumed Letter and the new
band,
(the tiny silver hearts) that will deliever it that is rocking our world
right now...it feels great to be making these statements in such a context
as these days...

Well, so much for the impassioned plea...spread the news to other lists if
you will...the good folks at Paste (Nick Purdy, Joe Kirk and Josh Jackson, &
Tim Porter), along withTelegraph Company and Tim White/Wildwoodagency (not
to mention the band) have all worked hard to get to this point...
And really, when you come to think of it, so have you...

we think you'll dig the whole package...
open the door, step inside...

yours,
bill mallonee