Re: In a quandry

Better yet, aaron. Details are posting august 1, supposedly, about ordering the cd directly from overtherhine.com. which means Linford and Karin will receive a greater portion of the profits, it will likely be cheaper than at your local cd shop, and they'll sign it as well (at least that was the last reported plan from Linford's most recent update).

Aaron Edwards <edwardsaaron2000 at yahoo_com> wrote:
I noticed that the new record will be on Back
Porch/Virgin. Here's my qunadry, in response to the
RIAA's stupidity, undertreatment/abuse of artists, and
downright greed, I have decided to, for the time
being, boycott all RIAA labels, and Virgin is one of
these labels.

So, my quandry is this, do I lift my boycott (which is
only been in place for a couple weeks), or do I go
without buying the new OTR?

One of my main issues with the RIAA is that the
artists get on average a total of $0.70 per album
sale. Perhaps I should just download the album on MP3,
and send my check for $17 directly to Karin and
Linford.

While I'm on the subject, I paid $5 to see a show the
other day, another $10 on a CD (non RIAA label of
course), all because I heard a few MP3s of the band
playing.

=====
And I use these words pretty loosely. There's so much more to life than words.
-Linford Detweiler