Re: the usual suspects

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Brad Caviness wrote:
> "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he
> didn't exist." Kaiser Sozhe.

Oh, sure, give away the plot, whydontcha!  But the saying is *hardly*
original to this film.  The first time I remember hearing words to this
effect was in Al Hartley's comic-book adaptation of Charles Colson's _Born
Again_, and even *then*, I think he was quoting C.S. Lewis or someone.

Nothing tells memories from ordinary moments; only afterwards do they
   claim remembrance, on account of their scars. -- Chris Marker, La Jetee