Re: Chris' Unnamed Kids

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Bruce Lachey wrote:

> Chris said:
>
> >Some day I will name my kids
>
> How old are they now?  What do you call them if you don't have names?
> This seems unusual..  I respectfully submit for your consideration
> "Maximilian Aleksander" or "Jennifer Stanton".
>
> It's probably something that you should think about before rushing in
> and naming them anything (numerology and all), but they should have a
> name before TOO long..  Good luck!

(:

hey in mexico, sometimes kids aren't named until it's for certain they
will survive.

they are called Nino, Nina (boy, girl) or hijo, hijo (son, daughter) -
that's how my mom ended up with a nickname Nina.

see, there's all these family names they want to pass on, and infant
mortality can still be pretty high in some areas, so they wait, instead of
burying papa's namesake as 2 months  - which is also considerred bad luck
for the namesaker person.

i commend chris for her cultural sensitivy and awareness (:

(=

rhys

--
I've already got a penguin, Thanks.