Double Albums

Ooh..  Awesome question..  Some of mine were originally double albums but
could fit on one CD, so I dunno what counts anymore.

Prince - Sign o' the Times - awesome stuff: title track, Housequake, If I
Was Your Girlfriend, Strange Relationship, The Cross..  Stylistically
everywhere but kinda cohesive, I guess mostly because of his unique voice.

Bruce Springsteen - The River - OK, OK - it's no Nebraska, but it's good
midwestern fun.  Independence Day and the title track are killer, and I'm a
Rocker is still fun live after 20+ years.

The Beatles - The Beatles (White Album) - Every once in a while I think if I
hear Bungalow Bill or Rocky Racoon once more I'll snap, but then six months
goes by and I wanna hear the whole thing again.  Except Revolution 9, of
course.  Backwards OR forwards.

The Clash - London Calling - OK, it took me 20 years after this one was out
to realize it was great..  I actually just sang parts of Lost In The
Supermarket to myself last night when I couldn't find italian parsley at
Krogers..

Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - all pop, all the time, baby.
Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting, Candle In The Wind, Bennie And The
Jets, Funeral For A Friend..  for starters.

Various (mostly RSO) - Saturday Night Fever - Sure, the Bee Gees might have
been more "artistic" earlier, whatever that means..  But these songs kick.

Stevie Wonder - Songs in The Key of Life - Whatever happened to Stevie that
turned him into the schlock maker of the late 80s?  Hmm.

My honorable mentions go to Wilco's Being There (I like each of their CDs
more than their previous one) and Smashing Pumpkins' Mellon Collie + The
Infinite Sadness (much better than it should be)..

I like double albums..