linford threw us a bone

double albums.

i agreed emphatically about the white album.  dear
prudence...

some in my collection are live cds.  loreena
mckennitt, live in paris and toronto (1999)--gasp,
lovely.  natalie macmaster's live set (2002) is
fantabulous if you are a cape-breton-fiddle-lover.  of
course you are.  dave matthews band-live at red
rocks...rocks.  alison krauss and union station's is
rootin'-tootin' good time.

victor wooten's live in america is a double.  melts my
butter, it does.  if you haven't heard him (bass for
the flecktones), ohmigosh.  the funkiest man
ever...well, along with his bro, futureman.

speaking of the flecktones, bela and the guys are
releasing a _triple_ cd this year.  yowsah!  for those
fans who don't think the brain could handle three cds
full, it's my impression that there will be a single
too with highlights.

um, wilco's being there is a double i like.  the will
the circle be unbroken iii (i don't have i or ii so i
don't know if they're doubles).

=====
Like music, like painting, literature too wants to transcend its primary condition and become something higher. Art wants to move into silence, into the emotional and spiritual conditions of the world. Statues become melodies, melodies become yearnings, yearnings become actions."
- Ben Okri, "Beyond Words", A Way of Being Free