Recent threads

I'm emerging from lurkerdom to participate in the
latest threads:

1. I've never been to Cornerstone but have always
wanted to go. Now with a child, married for
almost 10 years, unemployed but close to finding
a job, I have too many responsibilities. Somehow
I doubt I'll ever make it. If I don't, it will be
one of life's greatest regrets.

2. Summer reading: I just finished reading
"Seabiscuit" by Laura Hillenbrand, upon the very
strong recommendation of my wife. This, folks, is
an amazing piece of nonfiction that should be
read by all. It is a truly amazing story that
never could have been made up. Hillenbrand is a
gifted writer, and her research is impeccable.
She constantly reveals details that make the
story much richer.

3. Summer reading, part II: I finished the first
installment of Harry Potter after a friend lent
me her paperback. I immediately went to the
library and got the second installment. I plan to
read all parts this summer. I more or less
ignored this series, writing it off as too
juvenile. But I am capitvated by the story and by
J.K. Rowling's wit and humor. At its essence,
this is about growing up, and I think that's why
it resonates with me.

4. Although I've been lurking more than
participating, I haven't seen any mention of OTR
playing the Purple Door festival in August. I
think it's the 15th and 16th or maybe the 16th
and 17th. Anyway, it will be held at Ski Roundtop
in Lewisberry, Pa., about 20 minutes from
Harrisburg, 20 minutes from York. The fest is a
milder East Coast version of Cornerstone. Most of
the lineup seems to be (from what I remember,
since I don't have it in front of me) more
current alternative CCM, not the classic DA's,
77s, The Choir, etc.

Jeff McCloud

=====
Jeff McCloud