re: shameless plug for the akron show

jana asks:

<now that there are so many live shows floating around,
do any of you think it takes the thrill out of being at a live show?

I don't think so.  I got into live show trading as a Neil Young fan, and I have a truckload of Neil shows, and I'm attending shows tonight and Monday, and I'm about as excited as a kid on Yak Shaving Eve.

If the artist(s) shake it up regularly, produce new stuff, keep growing, there's always something new at a show.  The Wurlitzers, that is, those artists who just replicate the same performance over and over again (John Fogerty comes to mind), yes, listening to a live show that you're certain to hear again should you attend, yes, that would detract from the experience imo.  On the other hand, artists such as OTR who perform with great feeling and soul, heck, i'd catch every night of the week with or without live recordings floating around.

In other words, it depends.  On too many things.  I get sooooooooooooooo confuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuused!

Jana, thank you for your thanks.

- flip / randy