RE: ducks

It's a sign!  Have a trained duck with her ducklings travel down the aisle
and the last little one - (or possibly a baby swan) have the ring(s) around
it's neck.

Michaelwithonlyfiveminutestogo

so we are on our way back from lunch, at the stop light i notice this mam
duck going across the street.

and across 4 lanes of traffic, she with her woodbrown body, and small
profile has a tiny little dotted line of chickies following her in a
straight line.

they get to the middle, i'm holding my breath, hoping th elight won't
turn, or the big mean trucks from jefferson point will halt until they
make it....

she gets to the curb, and looks at it puzzledly. she hops up with some
effort and looks around, confused.

the ducklings can't climb it - it's higher than they are tall.

she stays there and cars go by.

so i stop the car with a 'do you mind, ineed to help these ducks?'

i toss my satchel over mama duck and get her back across the road - she
resists, and i have to recatch her.

then the babies are in the middle of the road, cheeping like mad. and
falling all over themselves.

i drop the bag on 6 of them, and scoop them up and take them back to the
grass where the mama is hissing at me. i give her some of them, and go
back for the other 6 or 8.

in all i made 3 trips, and then one last effort to catch that straggler
who was so scared, he couldn't stop running.

they wer so tiny and fluffly! one barely covered my palm.

so they are 'safely' installed back in the drainage ditch - last i saw,
she was herding them away towards the manmade pond.

happy ducks.

rhys

--
There are very few happy, bouncy, fuzzy robots.