Re: ringbearers

On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 09:51, rhys daily wrote:
> we've got a ring-bear, but neither dave nor i are into white satin
> fluffiness.
> are there some other tradition type things that are useful/fun/different?
> something!

Even a small bit of personal tweaking can make standard traditional
stuff "your own" (and, depending on the mother-in-law, cause them no end
of grief ;).

For instance, I'm a big comic strip fan, with Peanuts being a classic
favorite and Snoopy being a character to which I'm often compared.  My
grandmother had some leftover fabric with Peanuts characters on it, so
Meleah (my then-fiancee-now-wife) thought it'd be fun to make our own
ring bearer pillow out of it.

So it was mainly traditional, but the ringbearer pillow had a big Snoopy
on it.

Little touches like this (or some big touches!) are what make a wedding
yours.  And it's been my experience that people (bride & groom included)
have more fun at a wedding that either obviously or subtley reflects the
personality and character of the B&G (which it looks like you're
certainly doing!).

All the best, mine was fantastic, and married life rocks.

Troy