Re: why i love internet radio (otr content)

Zayne listed:

>>11:33 am - 10,000 Maniacs - Let The Mystery Be

Aa!  This is *recorded* somewhere?!

I might have told this story here before, but I heard this by them (in, oh,
'92?) at a campus concert at Drexel University, and it stuck in my head.

For years.  I knew it was a cover, I didn't know whose, and the internet is
not what it is today, so I really didn't spend much time looking it up.

Four or so years later I saw it quoted on someone's AOL profile, but not
attributed, and emailed the screenname.  They told me they weren't aware that
10,000 Maniacs had covered it, and introduced me to Iris DeMent.

Which was a joy in and of itself... I bought the relevant CD that same week.

But I have never heard the 10,000 Maniacs version again... I think I was
assuming it was a one-off.  Apparently not!

Huh.  I may hunt for an .mp3 of this, or if anyone knows where one is readily
available, I'd love to hear about it.  :)

Anyway.  It's 2am, I've been asleep on my couch since 9:30, and I'm headed to
bed.
Just thought I'd share.  :)

Anita