Re: TV or not TV

Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:
> On 5/16/03 9:24 AM, quoth the effervescent johnd at antioch-college_edu at
> johnd at antioch-college_edu:
>

>>So, TV
>>makes its own money by suppressing news items that might cause people to
>>change their beahvior. Instead, they offer as little news as possible
>>and fill time with infotainment and false alarms and sensationalism.
>

> Whoooaaa, there, sailor! You wanna back that supposition up?

How about: an ENTIRE DAY of repetitious 'The Shuttle Blew Up And We
Don't Know Why But We'll Keep Showing The Same Clip Over and Over'?

Or: Months of "Dixie Chicks Fans Angry At Band and not Going to Shows or
Buying CDs" while their shows are selling out and record sales have gone up?

Or: WEEKS of commentary on the 9.11  attacks.

etc, etc, etc.

--
John Paul Davis
Center for Community Learning