Re: It's all really ON TOPIC

Hi, everyone,

Been insanely busy with no time to write (See
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/04/01/1048962759751.html for how I spent
last weekend).  We have two telescopes running in Texas and Australia, and I'm
going to Africa in June to set up the third.  I'm teaching a class on cosmology
for non-physics-majors.  The whole history of the universe from start to finish
with no math.  It's a challenge.  Today I have to explain why time flows more
slowly the deeper you get into a gravity well, and why black holes evaporate.
With no math.  Erks!

Peter wrote:
> BTW, I like to think I'm only four degrees separated from Bacon myself, but
> it all depends on whether or not you count my home movies.  :)

I've got three, two different ways.  I'm not an actor, but I do theater tech,
and I worked on shows in college with my friend Immanuel Jacobowitz, who was in
_The Seventh Sign_ (under the name Manny Jacobs) with Demi Moore (he was the
kid who helped her with the Bible stuff), who was in _A Few Good Men_ with
Kevin Bacon.  I've also helped my musician friend Jim Infantino with
performances, and he was in plays in high school with Kyra Sedgewick.

See ya,
--
Don Smith                           Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                                 http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/