RE: ripped off @ C-Stone - little forehead crosses

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Michael Cade wrote:

> >Michael Cade wrote:
> >>
> >> those little forehead crosses like in the Left Behind books
> >
> >Does that mean what I think it means? The "Left Behind" books
> >feature a
> >mark on the forehead indicating who is and isn't Christian? Do the
> >authors mean that to be irony, or are they serious? Because if
> >it's waht
> >it sounds like, its very creepily like the Mark of the Beast...

If I recall, I think you have it...kinda.  I remember listening to them as
radio dramas (I figured that if I was going to talk about them, I should
at least know what I'm talking about.), and the way it worked was that if
you became a Christian, a mark appeared that only other Christians could
see.  Very much in the vein of understanding belief in Christ as a single
event.  I didn't listen much beyond that point, but it was a sort of
a wink-wink as to when you were dealing with other Christians.

Fun stuff to build plot points around, but yeesh.

-Drew J

O Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew, SCA  )   ^ ^
O    I also have the garlic powder. - Diablo - 10/4/98, goats.com    X  (_|_)
O            Check out rft.melm.org - Radio Free Tomorrow.           | (bunny)