Re: one hundred and fifty three words

Dan Temmesfeld wrote:

>Christian Lindemer <CD-Lindemer at wiu_edu> wrote:
>

>>And am I the only one that understood the RH post?
>>

>Bruce understood it.

I hear that others understood it too, they just didn't want to add to
the noise ;)

>>Bah, I hope the new 'un is better than Amnesiac.
>>

>Amnesiac is great.  While I like some songs on Kid A
>better, I like Amnesiac better than Kid A overall.

Ah, see, I tend to be of the opinion that Amnesiac was more of a "Look
what we can di with a studio!" album than a piece of music.  That's why
the IMBW version of Like Spinning Plates is good, while the studio
version leaves me flat.  There are great songs (Pyramid Song) followed
by some of the most out-of-place glitch I've ever heard.  Then there's
the crappy version of Morning Bell...but I'm sure this particular
discussion has been had a billion^2 times already, so I think I'll stop
there.

The lead guitar at 2:25 in Knives Out is probably the coolest part of
the album.  The associated Space Ghost appearance was pretty good too.

I guess I'll say that I've always been a fan of artists going where they
feel the need to go.  NIN's The Fragile and The Smashing Pumpkins' Adore
are two of my favorite albums.  I guess RH went their own way and I just
didn't want to go the same place.

>>And I hope it has cool packaging like the SE of
>>either Kid A or Amnesiac.
>>

>I'm sure they will... that's another thing, though.
>The SE of Kid A was kinda sucky.  But the SE library
>book of Amnesiac was pretty damn cool...

I think the whole Kid A package = kid book thing was rather cool, and
well-done.  There is no denying the Amnesiac package was better, but
it's porobably the niftiest way of presenting an album I've ever seen.

>>What does Miles sound like anyway?  I am /sure/
>>I've heard it, but dang if I can remember what
>>album it's on, if it's even on one.
>>

>_Besides_.

My first OtR CD, I should've known.  Yes, I went for the odd album out
first, if that gives you any insight as to how my twisted little head
operates.

-Smitty the Ex-Amnesiac