Europop- Totally 80's

Mark van Hornsveld wrote-
"Well reading the english version of the song (which i did not know
existed anyway) it's not so much a literal translation as an attempt to
catch the spirit of the original song. I do like the german version alot
better and yes - it is more poetic."

"99 Dead Babboons" was touted as a more literal translation of Nena's
"99 Luftballoons"

Falco's "Der Komissar," and "Self Control" were anglicized into U.S.
hits, and "Rock Me Amadeus," had success as a rock novelty, but, by the
time of the release of "The Sound Of Music," the only successful
European acts were the ones without much European flavour- (Europe,
Roxette, Scorpions, etc.)

The Dutch crooner known as Taco got on U.S. adult contemporary radio
with techno-ized covers of old standards.

Have you fed the Media Beast lately?
mathismedia.com
"...and if you should ever leave then I would love you for what you
need..." -Karin Bergquist
http://community.webtv.net/Sobriqet/SOBRIQUET