Re: raleigh?

Welcome kln2,

I grew up in Raleigh, and so my knwoledge might be old, but I think it's
probably pretty accurate, so far as it goes:

Coffee:

There is Cup A Joe, on Hillsborough Street and Dixie - very good, but
allows smokers and can get ful of its own hipness at times
Also Third Place, at Five Corners, very releaxing, great music, good
lunch food, a tab yuppie-ish at times.

Independent films:

The Rialto at Five Corners

Bars, et al:

The BRewery is where many bands come to play.
Also, a bit of a a drive, but the Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill gets good
shows
The Stingray at Five Corners is pretty nice

Books:

Try Books at Quail Ridge on Wade Ave. Independent and rocking.
Reader's Corner on Hillsborough does the used thing well

Music:

Skoolkids records on Western Blvd - independent, good prices.
CD Alley on Franklin St. in Chapel Hill is also good.

Eats:

Lily's Pizza on Glenwood Ave. (Next door to Third Place, actually)
Rathskeller on Hillsborough

That's probably enough to get you going.

- John

np: "Firesuite" - Doves

--
John Paul Davis