honky tonk and over the rhine

saw OtR in nashville yesterday afternoon.

good experience, and i'm glad that we (bruce and i)
made the trek.  good fun...

they played a great set, short and sweet.  cute
stage set-up.  nice drummer (Will).  some new
tunes, some old tunes.  "Fever" was my highlight.

met up with Mark.  fun guy to hang with.  saw
David Perkins (the wrong George) at the show
and chatted with him.  very nice and humble guy.
i also saw Derek Webb and Sandra McCracken in
the crowd.  didn't chat with them, though.  'twas
also great to meet Zayne and her friend.  they're
lucky, living 13 minutes from downtown Nashville.
4+ hours kinda wears on ya...

saw some local color the night prior.  too many
cover bands to name.  one great non-cover rockabilly
band named Joshua Black Wilkins and the Party
Crashers.  great stuff!!  singer with a stance
like Elvis meets young-cripple Forrest Gump.  upright
bassist was darn cool, too...

again with the crappy cover bands, though.  what
does the term "honky tonk" mean?  i makes no sense.
i think it's just randomly added into country songs
when they don't know what to say (quite often).

also, walking out of one bar with "sweet home
alabama" being played into another bar with it being
played as well was... shall i say... hilarious.

oh well, time to go to work...

honky,
Dan

=====
VISIT the home of Dan's music at:
     http://www.unemployedingreenland.com/
         -and- http://www.dlm.net/gc/
   VISIT - Pixie Princess Jewelry Studios at:
         http://www.pixieprincess.com/