Update From Julie Storms Mom

Here is the text I just received after talking with Ms. Storms earlier this
evening (Julie wanted me to post this to the list because many of you had
wished her well).  All in all excellent news.  I know she and her family
thank you for your prayers.  If you have questions after this you can e-mail
me off-list and I will update you until she is able to update you herself.
It looks like she will be in the hospital for a week.

If you haven't realized it or thought about it recently; this is a wonderful
community filled with amazing people.  Thanks for being part of my life.
Now on to more important matters:

"Good news!
Julie recovered from surgery with all functions intact and minimal
postoperative problems.  The surgeon was able to remove 1/3 of the cyst
wall,
which immediately released the cystic fluid and collapsed the cyst cavity.
This relieved the increasingly worrisome pressure buildup, which had
recently
been causing a worsening of Julie’s eyelid droop and pupil size change. It
made the remainder of the surgery more difficult, however, due to the small
area to work in. They took a biopsy of the mass within the space, which
immediately began bleeding. Though this was a dangerous moment, they were
able to promptly stop the bleeding and she remained stable throughout the
entire 5-hr procedure. This was a surprising finding--they aren’t sure if
the
mass has blood supply that they disrupted or if the mass is not a tumor at
all but possibly a developmental blood vessel abnormality, which would be
wonderful news. They won’t have biopsy information until next
week--hopefully
this will give us final answers as to what the mass is. Because of the
bleeding, they aborted some of the procedure and recovered her.

I will let you know when Julie is moved into a regular room and is able to
receive phone calls.  Jamie, Milt, Tim and I are just sitting here this
evening and praising our wonderful Lord for this tremendous blessing.  Since
we were told to expect language confusion and partial paralysis, we know
that
God has given us a miracle!  Thank you for your ongoing prayers and filling
our hearts with love!  Jan"

Out here thankful,

Barry