RE: derek webb, Caedmons Call and other comments

Dan said:

> no, Derek Webb is still *in* Caedmon's Call.  he is
> just not touring with them this spring in order to
> focus on supporting his own solo album coming out in a
> few weeks.

and this is Bethany saying:

the official word from the band is that he's still in the band,
but all other sources seem to believe he's left.  Ever since the
worship album came out I thought things were headed that way,
because he was conspicuously absent.  I'm excited about a solo
Derek album though, his songs are always my favorites anyway.
I saw Caedmons last week when they were touring with Jars of
Clay.  They have Andrew Osenga (lead singer of the Normals, who
also are apparantly not going to continue as a band -- I just
ordered his indie solo release.  What's with all my favorite "I'm
single" male songwriters going solo?) playing guitar and singing
a bit of backup.  I wish he would have done some of his own
stuff, I like his writing.  Anyway, Caedmons Call live was pretty
good, I missed Derek.  The Jars of Clay acoustic set was
remarkable, but I'm a sucker for a piano and a stand up bass.
And also gimmicks, and they had a pulling songs out of a hat
gimmick.  So I was happy indeed.

also, yes Caedmons Call are named for the 7th century poet.

also, Ysobelle's neice is darling.

np: GDBD