Thattaway

By the way, (and this isn't really by any way, it's just something I
figured I'd ask in a pitiful tone) does anyone have a spare G3-or-later
Mac they want to give me?  An Eye-Searing Green (er, Key Lime) iBook, if
it's not too much trouble.  Failing that, G4 machines are always an
attractive trade of better performance for less style.  =)  Since
quitting my old job where I got to use a Mac all day, I've been going
through withdrawal.  I miss my OS X and iMovie and all the glorious
user-friendliness of it all.  I miss burning DVDs of my misadventures
involving local spillways.  I miss having many mouse buttons but only
really needing one.  I miss my WindowShadeX.  I miss the OpenFirmware.
I've (::sniff::) never even gotten a chance to get to know Rendezvous or
Safari, but I'm sure I'd miss them too!

Windows is a bad bad drug.  Just when I have some money saved up, a
roomie persuades me to upgrade my PC to run games faster...when I should
clearly be getting a Mac.  DARN HIM!  DARN HIM REAL GOOD!

I don't know if I can hold out long enough for my financial situation
improve. I should have the spash (from the root words "spare" and
"cash;" related to "spange") for a decent machine by next fall if
everything goes well, but...things rarely go that well.  Here's hoping.

-Smitty the Mac-Loving WinXP/BeOS User

(Before anyone even gets into it, I hate Linux.  I am quite proficient
with it.  In fact, part of my old job was administering both that and
Solaris.  I just happen to believe that Linux is a poorly conceived and
implemented collection of software on all fronts but the purely
technical.  Even then, it's all rather hacked together for my taste.)