Re: TTT

Yz,

I wondered this too.  Having read the book in seventh grade, I can't recall if
it came from the text, so I just took it that it occured off screen and was not
considered important enough to include in the film.  The alternative is they
tell him he is dead, and he asks how it happened--maybe Jackson was going for
the anger contained in Faramir's confrontation as opposed to the shock and
denial that he would have most likely felt if the alternative had happened.  It
really then just comes down to choices made by whomever wrote that line. :)

HTH,
Mark