anyone out there from london???-sorry..no otr content

my husband & i are planning a trip to ireland in june. we want to spend a
day or two in london...and  we understand it is cheaper to fly to london
than to dublin...and can be very cheap to fly from london to ireland.  but
the travel agent we spoke to is no help at all in this matter.  is there
anyone who can point me in the right direction?

sorry to use the list for this...but i'm completely lost at this point.

thanks!!

                   ~o
                 _' \ <_