Re: TTT

don wrote:

by what other standard to judge the quality of the
writing, but by any
standard
I could think of, it was at least adequate if not
excellent.  So I'm
curious
as to what you thought was badly written.

My only complaints are the way they only portrayed one
side of
Faramir's
character (and distorted it at that),

--->as for the issues of writing and of faramir, i
have a complaint--where they used a direct quote
terribly :)  in the film, f. says that bit about
having a chance to show his quality...which is
straight from the book...but used it to mean the
_exact_ opposite.  having the chance to show his
quality doesn't mean being ensared by the ring (and
running off to denethor and osgiliath but rather
resisting its power.  espcially since he knows (at
that point, in the book) how boromir fell (if i'm not
mistaken).

anyway,
j. marie

=====
But now, like a whispering in dark streets,
rumors of God run through your dark blood.
-Rainer Maria Rilke (The Book of Hours; I, 38)