Re: Monk show tonight.

Don wrote:

> Good *god*, man!  How can there be any doubt in your *mind*?  Drop
everything,
> sell the house and kids, and *go*!!!!  Where else can you have a
transcendent
> musical experience for a mere $8?  Monk is drifting with a strong drink in
your
> hand on serene ocean waves under which unseen sharks are lurking.  Monk is
> delicate, intricate wisps of woven sound that sneak up on you and whack
you
> into next week.  Solid bass, fretless guitar, a puzzling panopoly of
percussion
> instruments (including, but not limited to rain stick, tibetan bowl, drum
kit,
> bells, wooden box, and talking drum).  Monk is sheer joy to experience.

Holy Crap!  Yes I did go, and yes I am back.  The show was amazing, Ric was
amazing.  The fretless guitar, drums etc...were awesome.  However, there
were just 9 or 10 of us there, which was dissapointing for the band you
could tell.  At one point Ric asked a friend of his sitting in the audience
if he wanted to come up and sing.  I was thinking "Dang this evening really
has gone downhill fast".  Then I heard the voice....the unmistakeable voice,
and being really bad with faces I had to wait until after the show to be 100
percent sure that I in fact did hear David Wilcox singing with Monk.  And to
think without Don, The Drew and Bethany I could have missed all of this
(Steve you chimed in too late to factor into my decision).  All of this and
I will be in bed by 10:30.

Out here full of musical bliss.

Barry