the taft (again)

various people have mentioned things about the taft.  i wanted to say a little bit more.

the cello was wonderful.  he did an excellent job...especially on the "god rest ye merry gentlemen" interlude during *it came upon a midnight clear*.  it was also nice to hear over the rhine with some drums again...i do miss brian kelly.

as we were driving home this morning, dan mentioned that the set had pretty much been the same one as my bootleg from the nov 23rd show (yes, i got it in the mail...so sorry i haven't told you or thanked you before this!).  this was slightly disappointing, as i had seen the set three times prior, but i also understood that this particular tour had been little, and not many people had yet heard the acoustic "give me strength" or "she".  and there were many christmas gems, like "all i get for christmas is blue" and "mary's waltz."  plus "spinning" and "i let it go."  and dan really enjoyed the show...a definite plus!

it was wonderful to see people...kylie was definitely not what i expected.  :)  it was nice to meet you.  drew...sorry to have offended you by not being sure that it was you at first glance.  and to top everything off, I SAW DUG!  when karin asked who drove the furthest, and i heard a voice cry out, "las vegas, nevada" i just knew it was dug.  and dan was very gracious, even though dug was a little drunk and thought it would be fun to kiss my cheek after every sentence spoken.  he even apologized for kissing on his girl, "but i have seniority."  yeah, same old dug.  love him.

well, i guess that is all.  it was great to see jay and lynzi, if only for a few moments.  there definitely wasn't enough time...too bad the brunch thing couldn't have worked out (hope you had fun laying your floor, drew!)  but i guess there's always next year.  :)

*love and smiles*
jessyka