just in case...

so it all started out.... sometime in early nov with an accidental visit
to the jewelr's shop.

soon after he mentions casually to me that he won't want another lease
when he gets back from ID this summer, so from there.... we made a date,
and nd grinned at each other.

fast forward through the painful keep of secrets until speaking with dad
part....

dad gives his permission (indeed we already knew that, since i was
shopping for a dress on the same day!), and we then move to the part where
we're headed home to IN from VA.

since the engagement ring is still on the way, i am wearing a beautiful
twisted silver handmade ring bought in beckeley WV.

we were going to try t o go to walmart saturday night, since we really
didn't like the in between stage... but they close the jewelry section
early.

good thing (: this ring is MUCH prettier.

soon after that, we were driving back on 64, i was confused, i thought
once he bought it, that i would get to wear it.  i coached myself to just
be patient.  so he told me to pull off on this questionable looking exit
and go down a twisty turning road that went down and dwon and down.

finally we pulled into a worn out muddy parking lots, much below the
highway. i kept asking him what we were doing, and he said 'i want to get
a rock from the creek'. i shrugged - it would be interesting at least.

we scrambled down to the creek (through dustings of snow and brambles). he
walks over to the water;s edge, and says to me 'come over here' so i hop
over there, balancing on rocks as i go. i asked him 'do i get to push you
in now?'

he grins, and says 'sit here' (on the rock). he got down on one knee and
told me he loved me and wanted to marry me, and would i?

of course, i said 'yes' (:

so now it's for real

(:

i feel kind of odd when i look at my hand - it looks strange, but nice. so
2 years ago the sunday after thanksgiving, we started dating. and now the
sunday after thanksgiving, we are engaged (:

rhys

--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc