Re: Ark show?

the most darling and hospitable don smith wrote:

> So, since it seems no one else is going to say anything
> about the Ark show, I
> guess I will.

i kept planning on it, but it is hard for me to find time to sit in front of the computer anymore (mark...your e-mail will come tonight, if i have to chain myself to the laptop!)

anyway, i had a fabulous time this weekend.  don's house is big and yellow, and very friendly, so i had a very comfortable stay in ann arbor.  after some charming vegetarian cusine, we showed up at the ark, and don taught me some stuff about sound set up.  being a performer by nature, the whole techinal aspect of things has always eluded me, but i think i did ok.  :)

it was great to see linford and karin, both before and after the show.  it never ceases to amaze me how nice they are to us.  not that i think they should be mean, but they appear to be genuinely interested in our lives and our happenings...as i've said at work, there are worse bands for which i could be a groupie.

i was pretty useless during sound check, with don and the guy mike from indiana, but when karin started to do her own sound check and linford left to set up the merch table, i thought that would be something for which i would be useful.  so, we counted the merch and set up the table and talked about things.  he asked me if i would train the volunteers for the merch table, since he would be at dinner with his sister.  added responsibility...i'll tell ya!  they were great though...announcement listees...but christina said she might join the list again...hi christina, if you're out there!

the concert itself was beautiful...i already have *she* pretty much memorized, and it was AMAZING to hear *who will guard the door*, as i have never heard _serpents and gloves_ (insert dan's whoring e-bay comments here).

i was able to meet burril briefly (hi burril) and i also met jessica walker, who used to be on the list but left about a year ago.  i do think that the most charming thing of the entire weekend, though, was seeing dear jay and lynzi again...i hadn't seen them since they were married three years ago, and i had forgotten what wonderfully refreshing people they are.  i look forward to seeing them at the taft in a few weeks!

so, that is my account of the weekend.  thank you again, don, for being such a wonderful host!  i can't believe i forgot to hand you those cds, though...remind me in philly and i'll give them to you then.

well...i gotta get back to work...my break is almost over.  happy tuesday everyone, and if i don't post again...happy thanksgiving!  :)

*love and smiles*
jessyka