Mew Nusic

music in the past week... Sigur Ros, Bjork, Chantal
Kreviazuk, Lapdog (Toad content), Saviour Machine...

Sigur Ros - ( ) : utterly beautiful.  I saw them in
concert a few weeks ago.  stunning.  got their CD
last weekend.  equally stunning.  subtly stunning.
this CD clocks in at just under 2.5 LCD units- which
I think anywher in the 2 to 2.5 LCD units is groovy.

Bjork - Family Tree 6CD boxset : I heard that the
packaging was clever.  no, it was dumb.  I promptly
burnt the mini 3" CDs nicely with the fan-picked best
of onto 2 CDRs.  *that's* much better.  overall, it
is nice to hear some different arrangements and roots
to her music.  4.9 LCD units, which considering that
it's a 6 CD set, is on the lower end... but it's a
good length to listen to in one sitting.

Chantal Kreviazuk - What If It All Means Something :
Yet another "thank god that the US dollar is worth so
much more than the Canadian dollar" moment- $12.47
*after* shipping.  It's a beautiful CD, which is
expected.  I mean, she is Chantal Kreviazuk- the best
thing that Canada's got going on... Alanis, Finger
Eleven, and Nelly Furtado are close 2nd, 3rd, and
4th... definitely recommended for fans of Tori Amos
or even possibly Natalie Merchant.  Clocking in at
slightly under 2 LCDs.

Lapdog - Mayfly : Formerly 3/4 of the pop band Toad
the Wet Sprocket, now only 1/2 of a Toad - Todd and
Randy put out some great music.  This CD seems more
polished than _Near Tonight_, but less poppy.  I've
only had one listen-through, though.  I was familiar
with a handful of songs that had been on their website
in demo or live form... it's nice to hear the final
studio workings... only 1.3 LCDs... but, it's part of
Toad, and Toad is getting back together for a mini-
tour soon, so I'm as happy as a buzzard in a shit-
wagon (crass, but it's a valid metaphor).

Saviour Machine - Live in Deutschland DVD : WOW!  I
wo't have time to watch this 10 LCD unit DVD set soon,
but I'm impressed.  It's the Live in Deutschland 2002
show, and the 1995 (or 1996?) show that was previously
released on video, plus it's got documentaries and
the video for "Love Never Dies" from _Saviour Machine
II_... yay!

i'll be a good boy from now on...
Dan

np: glen phillips - abulum

=====
VISIT the home of Dan's music at:
     http://www.unemployedingreenland.com/
         -and- http://www.dlm.net/gc/
   VISIT - Pixie Princess Jewelry Studios at:
         http://www.pixieprincess.com/