Re: a fall poem

Eric wrote(in respone to rhys):
>nice - the movement reminds me of a rilke poem in one
>of the anthologies i have.  (actually, i think it's a
>book i unfortunately sold a few years back due to
>"life."  boo to that).  anyway, i think it's called
>"spanish dancer"??
>
>anything suggestive of rilke is way cool :)

I like this one.

Autumn

The leave are falling, falling as from far up,
as if orchards were dying high in space.
Each leaf falls as if it were motioning 'no'.

And tonight the heavy earth is falling
away from all the stars in the loneliness.

We're all falling. This hand here is falling.
And look at the other one. It's in them all.

And yet there is Someone, whose hands
infinitely calm, holding up all this falling.

-Rilke

kylie from the block