Re: words to I Let It Go -- help me out

I thought it was broken crutch, and for  "Your skin was the fee for your [??????] on down", I thought was "phages unbound" Phage is a combined meaning of "a thing that devours"  and then I swear she said unbound after. I could be VERY wrong however. I do think its wheel however. Hope that doesn't mess you up, good luck!!
patty
----- Original Message -----
From: Benjamin Torbert
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 1:23 PM
To: over-the-rhine at actwin_com
Cc: Sha
Subject: words to I Let It Go -- help me out

Help!!!  I'm trying to figure out the words to I Let It Go.  They're not
on the website.  (I think the lyrics page hasn't been updated since before
FFR was released).  Here's what I've got so far. The problem I'm having is
the final word of both strophes.  In both cases, it appears to rhyme or
have assonance with the word at the end of the preceding line, but she's
making a gorgeous warble, and I just can't tell.

OtR - I Let It Go

I wanted to sing you a song
This gift I was given has all come out wrong
I wanted to give you so much
I came all this way just to hand you a broken ???

I let it go
This life I know
Seeds that we sow may come to dust
I let it go
One thing I know
What's real will grow inside of us

I wanted to lay by your side.
Take this small world and open it wide
I wanted to write it all down
Your skin was the fee for your [??????] on down

Chorus

May come a day when this dream dies
's fair enough
's fair enough
Till when we lay down our own lives
Fair enough
Fair enough
Fair enough

Lonely is just how I feel
Alone in the world and the world is a wheel (?)
Spinning these thoughts in my head
I tangle with you and we hang by a thread

Chorus

[Karin vocalizes luxuriantly]