Kayli

I don't know if everyone will be able to get that link to work, but since several people have asked who Kayli is, I thought I'd share. That's just a photo-- that's not who she really is. All you can see from that is that she's a beautiful dog.

She's my baby, my sister, my companion, my comfort, my smile, my trash angel, my best friend. She's the center of my universe, and she's dying. She's at one of the best veterinary hospitals in the country, and they can't figure out exactly what's wrong with her. They're trying everything, but we've decided to give her another day, and if she's no better, I have to let her go.

I've never prayed like I have these last few days. She's always been strong, and the best dog ever, and I want her to pull through. She deserves better than this, and if I can give it to her, somehow, I have to make that attempt. I know all about having to do what's best for her in the end, but I have to try everything else first.

She's my family. She's my baby. I feel so empty and helpless. I feel like screaming and breaking things and curling up in the corner crying, most of which I've been doing. I keep seeing her with all those tubes and wires, whimpering reflexively though they assure me they don't think she's in any pain. I miss her warm fur at night and her happy greeting in the afternoon and her cold nose at breakfast.

So if you're so inclined, she can use all the prayers, chants, mantras, meditations you can give.

Thanks.