RE: Another note from a travelling friend

haha, I'm with you there -- text books are sometimes dreadfully
boring but I didn't mind reading Eyes Wide Open much.  I hope I
can fit in a film class in my 4 years.  It might squeeze in.
Else I'll just have to settle for having taken "communication and
culture"

Peter Chattaway said:

Heh.  I actually find books about films and stuff to be much more
pleasant
reading than books on a lot of other topics -- even when the
books in
question come at the films from some pretty academic points of
view.  (I
do find some books nearly impossible to read, though, even when
they are
about film -- far too many academics really have no idea how to
write.)