rilke's turn

hello again.

another poem. this time rainer rilke. regarding art and christians...it's all been said and said. has anyone heard of the church in texas that makes you confess that all of the world is god's and not christian/secular? it's called 'ecclesia' or something and the pastor recently wrote a book called 'the gospel according to tony soprano'... it's a pretty good book.

wer seines lebens viele widersinne

she who reconciles the ill-matched threads
of her life, and weaves them gratefully
into a single cloth -
it's she who drives the loudmouths from the hall
and clears it for a different celebration

where the one guest is you.
in the softness of the evening
it's you she receives

you are the partner of her loneliness,
the unspeaking center of her monologues.
with each disclosure you encompass more
and she stretches beyond what limits her,
to hold you.

~

well said. well translate! d. driving loudmouths from halls! that is what i want, who will join me? ah well, any thoughts about the woman described here? is it you? sometimes it's me, when i'm lucky, that is.

romans 14 is one of the most humble chapters i've ever read. if you honestly are following it, kudos.

pontessa q.

for the kindgdom of god is not meat and drink; but righteousness and peace and joy in the holy ghost ~ jesus

Do you Yahoo!?
faith.yahoo.com