New Peter Gabriel

Title: Message
Peter Gabriel has TWO new CDs out. This almost feels like a comeback. Almost.

First is THE LONG WALK HOME: Music from The Rabbit Proof Fence. This is a soundtrack like Passion or Birdy. Very little singing, but an awesome example of Gabriel's soundscaping skillz.

Second is UP. Studio album that he's been working on for more than 7 years. And it shows. Dark and possessing all the PG hallmarks we've come to expect from this man -- blazing drum riffs, textured sounds, and Gabriel's voice which ranges from the confessional and vulnerable to rabble-rousingly energetic. It's all here.

If you're a Peter Gabriel fan, these are not albums to miss.

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

NP: UP, Peter Gabriel and ringing in my ears from last night's MidPoint Music Festival