RE: so...

Kylie wrote:

>>Shh, I don't thine *they* like it when you say they're OLD. ;)
>>You're 21 now?! Yay!

I remember what it was like to be twenty-one it was 19 ought (sp?)
89....and:

U.S. planes shoot down two Libyan fighters over international waters in
Mediterranean (Jan. 4). Emperor Hirohito of Japan dead at 87 (Jan. 7).
George Herbert Walker Bush inaugurated as 41st U.S. president (Jan. 20).
Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini declares author Salman Rushdie's book The Satanic
Verses offensive and sentences him to death (Feb. 14). Ruptured tanker Exxon
Valdez sends 11 million gallons of crude oil into Alaska's Prince William
Sound (March 24). Tens of thousands of Chinese students take over Beijing's
Tiananmen Square in rally for democracy (April 19 et seq.). U.S. jury
convicts Oliver North in Iran-Contra affair (May 4). More than one million
in Beijing demonstrate for democracy; chaos spreads across nation (mid-May
et seq.). Mikhail S. Gorbachev named Soviet president (May 25). Thousands
killed in Tiananmen Square as Chinese leaders take hard line toward
demonstrators (June 4 et seq.). Army general Colin R. Powell is first black
chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff (Aug. 9). P. W. Botha quits as South
Africa's president (Aug. 14). Voyager 2 spacecraft speeds by Neptune after
making startling discoveries about the planet and its moons (Aug. 29). Deng
Xiaoping resigns from China's leadership (Nov. 9). After 28 years, Berlin
Wall is open to West (Nov. 11). Czech Parliament ends Communists' dominant
role (Nov. 30). Romanian uprising overthrows Communist government (Dec. 15
et seq.); President Ceausescu and wife executed (Dec. 25). U.S. troops
invade Panama, seeking capture of Gen. Manuel Noriega (Dec. 20); resistance
to U.S. collapses (Dec. 24). Dalai Lama wins Nobel Peace Prize.

From:
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005271.html

Also the Earthquake during the World Series.....

I think I should've won the Nobel that year.  I was robbed I say.

Old Here,
Barry