adventures with paint stripper

no otr, not an haiku, therefore this is your chance to skip....

skip skip skip

what a nice day outside, time to strip my spice rack from ugly white paint
to pretty wood...

i thought i was being so smart. i had gloves on. long sleeves. pants.
SHOES! socks! (they even matched).

but since i got soft contacts, i forget i am wearing them, they don't move
when i blink, etc.

so when a squirrel (i ask you, what the heck was *he* on?) ran under my
feet, i set down the can of stripper with a thunk, and rocked back on my
heels in surprise as hot little points of stuff splashed on my face, and
in my eyes.

i raced in to the house. ripped of my gloves, burnt my hands on the stuff
that was on the gloves, and yanked my contacts out. opened my eyes and
dumped my head under the faucet for 5 minutes.

dripiping, scared, i called my eye dr. he seemed to think if i coudl see,
i was fine.

turns out how lucky i am. i got my eyelids, and the corners of my eyelids,
but not my eyes.

i've learned my lesson: safety goggles are my next purchase.

and that's my latest in household lessons (:

rhys

--
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...