Re: Dubya causes chaos in the Heartland...

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Amy N Macrellis wrote:
> I was not trying to draw any parallels with history, other than that I
> sincerely wish that our leaders could take the longer view and realize
> that when they support dictators and despots they are just setting
> themselves up for more trouble...the enemy of one's enemy is *rarely*
> one's friend.

Hmmm, so should we *not* have allied ourselves with Stalin against Hitler?
Just wondering.  I've always been bothered by that, myself, but I'm not
sure what the alternatives back then would have been.

> I think the thing that bothers me most about this situation is that,
> while I've seen a couple news reports that say "there's evidence of
> construction at a nuclear facility in Iraq" and the like, (1) I've had
> to dig for these reports and (2) we aren't hearing about this supposed
> evidence from the administration.

Last I heard, they said they'll produce the evidence in the next couple of
weeks, just as they produced their evidence against Osama a few days
before they invaded Afghanistan.

 If true love never did exist how could we know its name? -- Sam Phillips
          Happiness happens but I want joy. -- Marjorie Cardwell