Re: Speaking of U2 videos

On 8/15/02 10:00 AM, quoth the effervescent teamccloud at yahoo_com at
teamccloud at yahoo_com:

>Speaking of U2 videos, I don't recall anyone
>mentioning the original video for "One." It's
>been a long time (10, 11 years?) since I saw it,
>but as I recall it was a bunch of buffalo running
>across the screen for the duration of the song.
>It was all blurred, too. I remember
>reading/hearing that U2 was going to do this, and
>it was only a day or two before a new video
>appeared that showed the band "playing" the song.

I remember it! And I've been trying to find it on LimeWire for a couple
of months, now, but to no avail.

As I remember, it was rumoured to be footage of a Native American buffalo
hunt, wherein the hunters just stampeded the buffalo until the latter ran
over a cliff, and then took the animals that fell. So it was blurry/low
quality mainly cos it was over a hundred years old.

There's the Bono-in-the-bar version, and the one with the guys in drag
and driving around...er...Berlin? in a car painted with a woman's body.
But I still haven't seen the buffalo version in anyone's stash.

I'm just glad I'm not the only human to have seen it. Thanks, Jeff, for
restoring at least that particular shred of my sanity.