Re: Top 10 favorite songs (OtR content)

Not in a particular order. Subject to change without notice.

2) Van Morrison "Tupelo Honey" -- Hard to pick one Van, but this is the
one I think of first, and it's long.

6) Rick Elias "Confession of Love" -- I get up for this song.

3) OtR "A Gospel Number" -- This one doesn't seem to get any credit (the
Sheldon of the OtR catalog?), but it speaks to me and for me, and I like
the groove. So call me simple.

10) Beth Nielsen Chapman "Seven Shades of Blue" -- Duet w/Michael McDonald
aches beautiful.

8) Emmylou Harris "All My Tears" -- Written by Julie Miller. My reason for
buying _Wrecking Ball_, but the _Spyboy_ version is even better.

5) Moxy Fruvous "King of Spain" -- Incredibly fun to sing.

9) Greg Brown "I Wish I Was Married" -- I'm not even sure of the title of
this one, but I heard him do it in concert and it encapsulates all the
things I like about Greg: witty irony, laid-back funk, mashed potato
voice.

1) The Proclaimers "Sunshine On Leith" -- Perfectly sappy love song
delivered in the Reid brothers' exuberent Scottish brogue.

7) Edie Brickell "Lost in the Moment" -- Powerfully poignant in its
dispassionate portrayal of people's perceptions and priorities at
cross-purposes, without preaching.

4) Margaret Becker "People Get Ready" -- My favorite version so far of an
all-time classic.

I'm out of numbers, so I must be done, in a purely arbitrary kind of way.

-- Kirk

"Take all the time you need"